Department of Water Resources Engineering is one of ten departments in the Faculty of Engineering, Kasetsart University (KU), Bangkok, Thailand. In 1985, the department had established Master of Engineering (M.Eng.) program in Water Resources Engineering. In 1997, a special program on Master of Engineering (water resources engineering) was initiated to serve the needs for experts in water resources field. We are now (2016) on the 25th class. As of now, we have already produced more than 180 graduates to serve for both government and private sectors.
- To produce professional engineers with strong technical knowledge and ethical behavior to be a major part inwater resources development and management of the country.
- To open an opportunity for those who work in the field of water resources for enhance their knowledge in this field by studying during weekends.
- To promote appropriate technologies and knowledge for more efficiently water resources management.
The program aims to prepare professional engineers for leadership positions in academia, public and private sectors, our program focuses on research and advanced application in complicated water resource problem and problem-solving approaches involving urban drainage engineering design, flood and drought management, flood forecasting and warning system, water resources systems analysis, and decision support system in water resources engineering.
The program provides both educational and research opportunities for students as presented various alternative research fields by follows:
- Groundwater Engineering
- Hydraulic Engineering
- Water Resources Management and Development
- Coastal Engineering
- Waterworks System
- Tasaduak, S., Weesakul, S., (2016). Experimental study on dynamic equilibrium of headland-bay beaches.
- JOURNAL OF COASTAL CONSERVATION. 20(2). 165-174.
- Tomkratoke, S., Sirisup, S., Udomchoke, V., Kanasut, J., (2015). Influence of resonance on tide and storm surge in the Gulf of Thailand. CONTINENTAL SHELF RESEARCH. 109. 112-126.
- Mapiam, P. P., Sharma, A., and Sriwongsitanon, N., (2014). Defining the Z~R relationship using gauge rainfall with coarse temporal resolution: Implications for flood forecasting. ASCE SJOURNAL OF HYDROLOGIC ENGINEERING, 19(8), 04014003.
- Marjang, N., Merkley, G. P., and Shaban, M. (2012). Center-pivot uniformity analysis with variable container spacing. IRRIGATION SCIENCE. 30 (2) 149-156.
- Sriwongsitanon, N., and Taesombat, W. (2011). Effects of land cover on runoff coefficient. JOURNAL OF HYDROLOGY, 410(3-4), 226-238.
- Sriwongsitanon, N., Surakit, K., and Thianpopirug, S. (2011). Influence of atmospheric correction and number of sampling points on the accuracy of water clarity assessment using remote sensing application. JOURNAL OF HYDROLOGY. 401 (3-4). 203-220.
- Pornprommin, A., and Izumi, N. (2010). Inception of stream incision by seepage erosion. JOURNAL OF GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH-EARTH SURFACE. 115. F02022.
- Adichai Pornprommin, D.Eng., Nagoya U.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chaiwat Kayankarnnavy, M.Eng., AIT. Email: email@example.com
- Kobkiat Pongput, Ph.D., Utah State U. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nutchanart Sriwongsitanon, Ph.D., U. of New South Wales. Email: email@example.com
- Surachai Lipiwattanakarn, M.A.Sc., Dal Tech. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jirawat Kanasut, D.Eng., AIT. Email: email@example.com
- Napaporn Piamsa-nga, Ph.D.,Osaka U. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nat Marjang, Ph.D., Utah State U. Email: email@example.com
- Punpim Puttaraksa Mapiam, D.Eng.,Kasetsart U. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sitang Pilailar, Ph.D., Tohoku U. Email: email@example.com
- Sompratana Ritphring, Ph.D., Tohoku U. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wandee Thaisiam, Ph.D., Hokkaido U. Email: email@example.com
Master of Engineering Special Program in Water Resources Engineering
Department of Water Resources Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Kasetsart University.
50 Ngamwongwan Rd., Ladyao, Jatujak, Bangkok 10900, Thailand.
Tel.: (66) 2797-0999 ext. 1902 Fax.: (66) 2579-1567